Master's Student Learning Seminar
Chapter 1: Rings and Ideals
Speaker: Jack Wallace, NYU CIMS
Location: Warren Weaver Hall 517
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 4 p.m.
This lecture will cover the basic definitions and theorems of rings and ideals necessary for the subsequent lectures.
- Rings and Ring Homomorphisms
- Ideals, Quotient Rings
- Zero Divisors, Nilpotent Elements, Units
- Prime Ideals and Maximal Ideals
- Nilradical and Jacobson Radical
- Operations on Ideals
- Extension and Contraction